Web Statistics Think! It's Not Illegal...Yet!: Post 2

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Post 2

Wow, I can't believe I'm going to be this consistent at this. I figured this might be more of a chore, but it seems ok so far! (Knock on wood!)

I have to say (once again, knocking on wood) how excited I am that most of our good friends are going to be able to make it here to Humboldt for our wedding! I have to say, I can't wait to get married to Athena with so many of our friends here! Jory & Joey are coming from AZ (glad Joey's finally starting to recover!), Tom & Rod & Steve from UT, Shane & Jessie from WY to name a few!

I'd like to start my rant tonight by saying to "kill your T.V." but, of course, no one (including me) will. I feel impressed to say to at least be VERY choosy about what you spend your time watching. I'm not talking about in a censoring way, naturally, but more of a: is this REALLY what you want to spend your time doing? way. If so, watch away. If not, then spend that time doing something to get the most out of your time.
Most of the programming available to Americans is geared to draw you in and keep you in your chair just long enough to finish the program. Then, to move to your computer or your nearest business and start spending money.
Personally, I enjoy being entertained like anyone else, but I'd rather spend the majority of my time interacting with loved ones and educating myself about my self, my environment, society, and the world.
In these perilous times it's sad to see how many Americans have slipped into a cut-off, distracted and apathetic life instead of choosing to be informed or empowered citizens. It's hard sometimes to avoid the allure of sitting in front of the t.v. all day with TiVo and the amount of truly entertaining programming that's come across the airwaves, but it comes down to the question I say to pose to yourself before watching a show: "Is this really how I want to look back and say I spent my time in my life?"
At the rate t.v. programming is going these days, it won't be long until we're all just sitting in front of a t.v. set, watching someone who's watching their t.v., who's watching someone watching their t.v., etc. until you get to the t.v. set at the center, and it will just be a commercial!

Well, that's all for tonight! Time to work in the garden!

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo! i've enjoyed your posts..

see you soon...

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Joey C Johnson said...

Glad you brought your comments back, it's not fun if we can't comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home