Web Statistics Think! It's Not Illegal...Yet!: Wedding etc.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wedding etc.

Well, I thought I was just supposed to get a ring for Athena and show up (only semi-trashed) to say "I do!" Of course not! It's been a crazy last week of running around
Humboldt, try to get all the stuff taken care of. The other day we went to Plaza to buy some wedding clothes. Every Sunday during the summer they have live bands playing and a bunch of booths set up. There were people blazing up and people selling nugs all around...it was great! I, naturally had just finished an after-lunch bowl, and was toting a beer around the whole time.

Like everyone, I too hate the DMV. Or maybe it's just the idiots in line and the dunce they usually have working the counter. There always has to be one brain-dead fool in line somewhere ahead of me or working there. Thus I always end up stuck for 10 times the amount of time it should take, listening in compounding anger and frustration to one or two half-wits trying forever to achieve what should take only moments. Since I have no valid picture ID (and no way to get one in time since it takes weeks to process) I found out I have to have someone that's known me for at least 5 years sign an affidavit that says I'm me so we can get our marriage license.

It's been go, go, go from the time we get up, until after I've got the family to bed and taken care of the Garden. Then, I hit the internet for a little blogging and off to read until sleep overtakes me. Of course, the special cookies and Great White beer (liquid heaven) make the busy days much more fun! I love filling my Fuze (fruity drink) bottle with a couple Sharks (as I'm fond of calling them, for short) and hitting the stores. It sure makes shopping a whole lot more endurable! Plus it's mostly just fun to get away with it.

The boy (Matrim) barely stops talking long enough to breathe it seems like these days. He's such a happy, lively, little Mann. We're always playing sports, wrestling, going to the park, etc. We can't wait to get Aviendha! Mat is going to be a great big brother, and we're excited to get a little girl. She'll have to be pretty hard-core to keep up with the rest of her family. ! )

Well, it'll be another early morning coming tomorrow, so I believe I'll end this Jagermeistered evening now. I'll post again soon, since I have had a rant that's kinda been on the back burner of my mind over the years. I'll elaborate more next time. Good night!

6 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
is there a dress code for this wedding thing! can i come in a toga, or perhaps a barrel? Maybe a prom dress?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

I tried calling you a couple days ago and was gonna make another round of calls today. Athena found a nice shirt and tie-dyed skirt, so we decided to go with a tie-dye theme. No one needs to buy anything if you don't already have something. It's only suggested as we figured it would look cool to see as much color in our pictures as possible. And since we're in dirty hippie country, tie-dye is easy to find and fits the scene. ; )
So you should come in a gorilla suit with a tie-dyed toga. Barrel's already taken in case Barrel guy from the Broncos comes. : ) You still have you prom dress?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Joey C Johnson said...

I should have told you that planning a small wedding has the same amount of stress if not more than a large wedding. You don't have a wedding planner to take care of everything you would with a large wedding.

Jory and I decided that we're driving straight up I-5 to Arcata with no Redwood detours, so we'll be there sometime Tuesday.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Well, we're glad to have you a day earlier than expected! So you two, Shane & Jessie, and my brother will be the first ones here besides Athena's parents (who are VERY nice and cool). We'll have some fun stuff planned to do.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! save some fun stuff for us too!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

There's so much fun stuff to do, we don't know how to fit it all in! This is the first time since I last did speed all those years ago, that I've thought it would be nice to have some. (NOT REALLY!!) I'm just assuming I'll not be getting too much sleep once everyone starts getting here! ; ) Also, I'll have to keep up on my chores while partying down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home