Web Statistics Think! It's Not Illegal...Yet!: Comment Response

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Comment Response

It's been a busy holiday weekend at our house so I'm a little behind on comments (and I noticed there are some good ones to get to). I figure I'll do a response post and reply to everyone tonight to get caught up. Also, I'll be posting pictures and info on the family site about the holiday and Matrim's tumbling soon.

Jory: Thanks for the title for my Big F*ing Post. ; ) So, I checked the Dictionary.com for the definition of criminalization...ROFL! Pretty damn funny! I'll have to use that site from now on! (I'd only ever heard of in the word decriminalization even with the one dictionary we have here and two spell check programs.) Athena is starting to need the extra rest, but she doesn't sleep like she did last time. She was at a full 12 hours/night for at least the last few months, the first time. :) So far everything is going really well.

Joey: Oh yeah! I can't believe what our bastard administration is letting happen to our soldiers. The news you don't hear about how it is next to impossible to get out of the military, even after you've done your time of service, is absurd. My cousin got out of Iraq to find out that he had to become a recruiter (with high recruiting standards!) in his home town if he wanted to get out without going back to Iraq for more duty.

Tom: Oh, how I hate that! I've lost at least 1 post and 2 good long comments to phantom shit happening, and that was even knowing that it might happen! Now I'm always saving every few minutes and/or working off-line as much as possible to keep that from happening. So far, so good since I started to do that.
So that record we set against the Eagles was nice! It's always good to see the Broncos holding a good record instead of hearing about the bad ones! Oh, and I forgot to comment in my Bronco posts about how we blew setting that turnover record (5 games straight with no turnover has never been done in NFL records) against New York! I saw that coming and even warned Athena as the play started to unfold. Here comes some desperate pitch on the return to try and save the game, and we throw it right into Giant hands to blow the record!
Yep, I get that Rocky Mountain channel too. I noticed it a few weeks back when surfing through the ridiculous number of channels we have. I watched one of the shows with those Bronco guys and we could definitely do better! The cooking segment would be great! Almost everything I cook either has beer, thc, or both involved so I think it would be perfect for gameday! LOL

Athena: Coaches have to get up too early in the morning! I could be an announcer since it would only be Sunday I'd have to get up early. ; ) And I don't think I could keep the cussing down enough to be on any channel but HBO...! So I'm afraid you and Matrim will be my only audience for now. :)

Everyone: So, the other day when we were carving our jak-o-lantern I told Athena we should carve him a Hitler mustache as that would be scary! ; )
Talking about that reminded me about this: Ok, I can't remember who all was there for sure (except I know Jory was), but does anyone remember the Hitler Mustache conversation? It went something like: I asked how people thought it would go if I cut myself a Hitler mustache (not because I like anything about him, just wondered about the mustache style being taboo) and roamed the streets of SLC. We laughed and discussed the consequences and made some jokes at the time.
Well, my point is this: Over the last few years I've seen jokes being made that we had already done and discussed about the Hitler Mustache (which must have been 8 years ago now, give or take). It seems to me that this is the case with several topics. It's almost like all the crazy conversations we had (especially while trippin' LOL) got sent out into the collective consciousness and now they are all bubbling back up. It will only be a matter of time before the conversation (once again I can't recall for sure who all was there...) about making all the beautiful, stupid people be nude slaves for the rest of us will be coming up somehow. ; )

6 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehe, weird how that stuff seems to pop up every now and then huh? I remember both the shaving a Hitler moustache and dressing up like Jesus complete with a big ass cross and roaming the streets followed by a camera crew to get reactions, both of which I think I have now seen on Comedy Central. I cannot wait for the stupid naked slaves and the emergence of the cult of the giant purple tool! Aside from the Broncos, Denver rocks with their vote results from yesterday!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Yep, that Comedy Central is the one I usually see stuff on that mimicks our lives(when it comes to comedy).

Yep, go Denver and Go Broncos! I wore my Denver shirt around town today to celebrate. ;)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Joey C Johnson said...

Wasn't it the Giant Green Tool?

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Was it?

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

You'll have to refresh my memory about that one...

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric and Athena, this is Japanese. well I do not know where to leave the comments and I hope here is OK. And you will be very tired to read my broken English sentense. Hahaha!
Anyway,thank you very much for your letter and I am sorry to get back you late. I have seen your wedding picture on this blog, Wow. I wish I could've been there to cereblate you guys. Few pictures cannot tell the story like other blog, but many pictures like you guys did made me like I was attending your wedding there. It was so great to see your pictures, I am so glad!

I recieved your letter a couple weeks ago. But at that time I was on the road trip around Japan to see three Nofx's show in Tokyo,see my friends and work. I have got home this monday. I was very busy but I had a good time to see one of my favorite band in Tokyo.

anyhow,I am still working for that company which took me to US as a traslater in Feburary, you know last time when we talked on the phone. I may be going to US in another a couple of months because of the job training in Minesota, I did the interview with some American from there. I may work for them in the future. I haven't decided yet. If I can work, I will have a chance to go to US many times during work, to stop by seeing you guys. But I do not know yet what's going to happen to this job oppotunity.
I left the pretty long comments, I will quit now. I will check back this blog soon. I hope all of your family is doing well. Takeshi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home