Web Statistics Think! It's Not Illegal...Yet!: Big F'ing Post ; )

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Big F'ing Post ; )

Ok, like Jim Morrison said, (Box Set, Disc 1 Without a Safety Net) while telling us about The Death of Rock and Roll: “I got a few things on my chest and I gotta get ‘em off! Now, listen, listen, listen…”. So, lately I’ve been working on a post, in notes, many scrawled after late night news/volcano, cookie, and/or beer sessions. This is what was legible or intelligible of it… ;)

Ok, just to remind everyone: READ Crimes Against Nature, by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. It’s short and fast to get through (especially if you’re familiar with any of the subject matter) if you can handle the emotions it brings up and keep reading. (I had to take breaks…too angry!)

I saw part of a news show, on the LINK channel, from 2004. It was on soldiers in Iraq and their morale. I only saw part of it and I’m not sure of the numbers they were quoting but it was interesting. They were saying (at that time, of course) that there had already been 1000 soldiers who had lost their life. The crazy part of the show was that they were saying there had been 49 suicides by that point, amongst soldiers. They said there had been 27 of them right in Iraq and 22 of them once they got home. So, what does that say with almost 5% of the loss of life to that point being by way of suicide…? Either that suicidal people enter the military, or something about what was happening there/to them made them feel so horrible to have been a part of that they took their own life rather than live with the shame etc…

So, I heard some excerpts from a rant given by a republican congressional representative from Alaska (can’t remember his name, off-hand). I couldn’t believe it when I heard him break into vehement yelling at the mere mention of perhaps taking some of the money Bush gave to Alaska [for some of Bush’s famous Highways to Nowhere, Pork-Overwhelmed Highway Plan (I’m sure it was in some exchange for ability to pillage Alaskan wilderness)] to help with hurricane relief and rebuilding. Yep, United We Stand…Under the almighty $$

You know who I miss, quite often since they were no more? Rage Against The Machine! Think if Rage and Tool would join forces for a U.S. Tour at this point in time!?! I would have to wash my shorts from the orgasm. I would love to get to see that show…it’s just too bad that even many of the people there wouldn’t get it.
And that brings me, unfortunately, to reality…Audioslave. Oh how far my heroes have fallen! The first album was only tolerable because of the ghost of Rage. The latest stuff I’ve heard/seen of them makes me ill. Chris Cornell is a washed-out, has-been, crappy lyricist/singer! And with crap like that up front it’s no wonder that the band has suffered a loss of intensity/their edge. I watched Cornell sit back (because he’s a shit-head with nothing to say) and let Tom Morello (who I love as a guitarist) try to be the front man in their interviews and that hideous performance they put on for Cuba. (Pretty much pretending they were still Rage or something). I miss you my Rage of old!! (Can’t believe it’s only been 5 years with no Rage, feels like longer.)

And now for something positive to break up my rant. Like most people (except I’m right, hehe) I think my kid has to be the cutest! He imagines he is hanging out with Captain Planet and the Planeteers, or with Scooby and the gang. He uses his power of Heart (his name is close to Mati so he uses Heart) (and Athena is “Water” and I’m “Fire” when we play together). He also often says, “My love you Gaia!” (he mostly says My instead of I still, and it’s been too cute to correct much yet) and he tells the other Planeteers what their mission is and what Gaia is saying. Then he’ll have them combine their powers to be Captain Planet. When he plays Scooby Doo, he is always Shaggy. ;) He shouts stuff like "Gang Way!" and runs around telling Scooby to watch out for all the different bad guys (the Creeper, Ghost Clown, Ghosts, Mummy, Robot, etc.) Then he gives Scooby some Scooby Snacks before making an especially villain laden run. ROFL
He also likes Star Wars/Trek so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he’s imitating them (hopefully not to the level of wanting to go to conventions, haha). (“Ramming Speed!” and “Perhaps today is a good day to die!” right, Jory! LOL)
Sometimes he will also pretend he’s hanging out with family or some of our friends. I’ll hear him talking in the background and suddenly realize he’s talking about hanging out with Grandmas, Grandpas, Uncles, Jory and Joey, etc.
I sure love that boy and can’t wait for his little sister! It could really be any time now (most likely in more like 3-4 weeks) since Athena has been feeling the contractions getting started. I hope it goes at least as smooth as Mat’s birth!!

Ok, back to the rant…I cannot stand that stupid-ass, evil b*stard Tom Delay, and his fake, pasted-on grin! Nor can I tolerate anyone in this conniving, greedy, corrupt, fascist administration, posing as democratic leaders of United States citizens. People like Cheney, Bush, Rove, Rice, Rummy, Powell (yes I know he’s finally gone, but he still counts on my list), the Supreme Court and Congress (yes, they count too…you’re crazy if you think checks and balances beats re-elections/appointments and $$), etc. I can only hope they don’t all find a way to get out of their terrible plots, unscathed.
If I have to hear one more right-wing dupe use the idiot, Republican catch phrase of the day, “The criminalization of politics”, I’m going to do everything in my power to erase them from the face of the planet (as we don’t need one extra stupid person around)! Since when have politicians not been criminals (hell, campaign finance and lobbying are nothing more than legalized bribery)!?! You can’t criminalize someone who is already a f*cking criminal! Also, check your spelling/grammar before you speak before the nation! Criminalization isn't even a word (according to my dictionary and 2 different spell checks).
I swear, I nearly crapped my pants and started crying for Athena to clean me up (no having a child has not lessened my dislike of poop when it’s touching me, even if it’s mine!) when I first heard the word from the Right. I could not believe I was hearing about this “criminalization of politics”, and how perjury isn’t a crime, and how this is just an attempt by the Dems to damage the Reps!
Could someone refresh my memory and tell me: Just how much time, money, labor, and media, was totally wasted by Reps!? And how much career sabotage, destruction of bi-partisanship, and national embarrassment did the Republican’ts cause in a vain effort to impeach a President for perjury, regarding getting some action with an ugly intern!? If memory serves me, (and I did try to ignore the issue as much as possible) it was months of time, in the 10’s to 100’s of millions of dollars, a virtual army of people to fill a vault with data, and hour upon hour of media on most stations. The real result of this blatant attempt to sabotage the left was putting our nation in a state of embarrassed finger-pointing, and looking like fools for all the world to see.
I don’t know which is more unbelievable: That the Republican’ts think the average citizen of this country is too ignorant to see what they’re doing, or That the average citizen of this country is that ignorant…

All right, I had better save some for later or you’ll be overwhelmed and not know what to respond to. I’ll have to get to my talk about the Broncos and the other stuff on my mind in the next posts. Hope to hear from you and comment to you soon. : )

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll probably comment more on this post later, but 2 things for now. 1-this post has no title, was that intentional or an accident? Maybe I'll come up with some suggestions for ya later but I feel kinda crappy now- Avi is not happy with the virgin bloody mary I just drank. 2-I love Mat boy to pieces too. You should post a current pic.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Damn, no the title was a mistake from restarting the post and not retitling it.

I'll take suggestions for it now that I messed up and got busted. ;)

Yeah, I need to get caught up on the family site with the last 2 groups of wedding pics, then I'll get more current. And I should get one up on this site too. :) btw, the ceremony pics and a few others are up at the family site if anyone hasn't checked in a bit.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus! Been taking notes I see! How about Big F'ing Post for a title!

Crimes Against Nature-on the to read list!

I have seen that same sort of stat on soldier suicide and thought that same thing-what is being done to/by them to cause such a thing?

Criminalization-check Dictionary.com. These F'tard Rethugs will say anything to squirm their way out of trouble, got they are worse than roaches (the bad kind).

Audioslave has let us down I think. Chris Cornell was better when he had long hair and was in Soundgarden! I miss Rage too, political rock full of fury!

Ahhh, Mat is a cutie, can't wait to play leaf throw with him again and meet the new addition!

Tell Athena to get plenty of rest! We are sooo excited for you both!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Right On!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Joey C Johnson said...

I might think of suicide if I was on my 3rd stay in Iraq, knowing Shrub isn't thinking of me but only himself and won't be bringing me home anytime soon. It's embarrassing enough just being an American right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home