Web Statistics Think! It's Not Illegal...Yet!: Commenting

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Commenting

OK, I've been meaning to make this post for awhile, but am obviously now just getting to it. I only have a moment, so I'll be brief: When I started getting into this blogging stuff I figured it would be a good way to keep in communication with many of my friends (the ones with computers...) and a way for us to share thoughts and ideas.
First, I want to say thanks and keep it up to the people who have been following and commenting on my blog!!
Second, where's everyone else at??? (Are people just unaware that the comments are appreciated?)
Third, I don't mind comments that are personal or unrelated to the topic, but try and make at least one comment on topic first. ; )
Fourth, be sure to let me know if I should edit your name out of my posts/comments.
Fifth, I don't know how Jory feels about it, but I get irritated when he spends time researching and making a great post and either no one comments or they just make comments that are totally unrelated. Maybe he doesn't care, but it would frustrate me a little if I bothered to work hard to make a quality post and that was the result. Hell, many times I've ended up writing better comments to a Jory post than I write when posting to my own blog...
Last, from my stand-point the posts get better as the comments get better and more numerous, so keep em coming!!! And this post isn't meant to be accusatory or offensive or directed to anyone in particular...just a general desire to see more commentary amongst us now that we all live so far apart!!!
p.s. Everyone feel free to let me know if you have web-sites or blogs that you would like me to visit or link to and I'll try to check it out in as timely a fashion as I'm able. (I've been super busy lately!)

7 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you already get enough comments from me?

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just love the color green, don't you? I like chocolate creamies too, they're yummy.. that reminds me, GO BRONCOS!!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Athena, the peanut gallery doesn't count!

Tom, you're a weird duck. ;) I'll make a Broncos post soon...I've been meaning to post about what I've been thinking of their performance so far.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Eric, I know I'm horrible... :) (I just wrote the first thing that came to mind...sound familiar?)

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Well since there was a good period there for awhile that every time I was having a salad you where trying to steal it and eat it. That's why it came to mind. ;^)
And I liked the rhyme too btw.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree! My reason for starting my blog was really just to vent, but, since moving away from family and friends it has become a way for me to maintain dialog and stay in touch. Comments also make it seem like someone is paying attention, even if they are disagreeing. When I don't get comments I now just think to myself, well, everyone MUST just agree with what I have said! I think Tom is ignoring me though, I don't think he wants to do his homework!

I haven't posted anything for a while though, Dad and Cody came to town for a few days, expect an update soon!

Ohh yeah, how far have you gotten on WCIII, did you get the Frozen Throne expansion?

I dig the pictures on the last post, your photo editing software must really rock!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mr. E Mann said...

Yes, we'll have to get more people commenting more often. :) (And they'll just have to suffer through the venting).

Hahaha, it might be dangerous if I start to believe that everyone agrees with my rants, if no one comments!

I let people like you do a lot of the more tedious homework, then I read/comment at your blog, watch shows like Real Time, and read the few good non-fiction books I come across to get an informative spin on the national/international news. ;)

I wondered what you must be up to. I was hoping it was something good!

I'm about half-way through the Undead portion of WCIII. It's interesting. I flew through the human part just off memory from WCII. I have the expansion but I haven't played with it yet. What's it about? I do well against the computer but I'll get creamed playing other players for awhile. :)

Yeah, the pictures turned out well. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home